Skip to main content

House Peace

I live in the perfect location in St. Petersburg, Florida. One the top places to live in the US and the cost of living is pretty low considering everything that surrounds me within three miles. The best beaches, the best downtown ever, great food and great nightlife! Culture abounds and museums galore. Life is great in sunny Florida but the best part.....

After 51 years, I am finally reaching House Peace! That's right! You read it here first! House Peace...  We have been in a total remodel of our 1900 square foot ranch style home since August! It's taken 4 months and nearly $70,000 but we have an entirely new home. It's everything I ever wanted really. There is landscaping were for years only dirt grew. There is a spa type bathroom that any one would kill for. I know what you are thinking. What about the closet? Well, that is still coming in the future but I have about 4 that I claim and and one is very large! So, I am pretty darn happy.

Today I struck out to find our first real tree in like two decades! I usually put up two or three slim fit 7.5 foot trees but today I decided that with the house farmhouse chic make over, there would be a real tree with minimal decor and that I wouldn't overshadow the TOTAL HOUSE makeover with overdone loud trees. So I like the understated tree! I might add lights later but for now. I want my guests to marvel over the new house and not the tree!  More later! LA





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess the one thing I get asked more than anything is. "How were you able to leave a nursing career making 70 k a year and consistently make over 150 k a year and enjoy traveling and fine dining on someone else's money?" I am going to tell you exactly how I did it! I knew what I wanted and took little steps everyday!  1. Mindset!   The first step is conquering your MIND!  Deciding what you want and being open to the way it unfolds but knowing that it will unfold!  I knew when I was walking the halls of the hospital that there was more for me.  Being a bedside nurse is wonderful and fulfilling and I have made life long friends because of my time working in hospitals.  However, I knew that it wasn't something that I would do forever.  I always wanted to fly and travel and work as an executive! ALWAYS! From the time I was in high school, I wanted more out of life than an eight to faint job! Personal development is the key to getting what you w...
Well It's 2 days after my 50th and I guess it's sinking in... I AM 50!!!!  I decided today that the word for my 50th year would be gratitude.  I do my best thinking when I write so I decided to get up this morning and write. I should write more because when I read it back I am in awe of what I said and how I said it. It moves me. Yes, my own words move me. When I read back what I write... I am pretty darn shocked as what came out of me. I think everyone should try it. My life's word is BELIEVE. I love that word, I think it's a key to everything in life. My belief in myself and my gifts have gotten me this far... How far is that you ask? Well, from a poor small town girl in rural South Ga to a business professional who has had opportunities that most only ever dream of. So back to Gratitude. I think Gratitude and living as, Tony Robbins calls it, in a state of beauty based on Gratitude and appreciation will take me the distance for the next 40 years. What is the dist...

On Any Given Tuesday

I am home this week... No travel until Sunday. We went to the Sunday Market on St. Pete Beach which is a great place for us to go on Sunday mornings for Brunch.  I bought lots of veggies and fruits for the week so I planned to cook! Everything looked amazing! We ate brunch at Chill which was fantastic. I had the Shrimp and Grits... To be honest. Very good but not the best I have ever had.  They do have a brunch buffet that starts at 10 am. It's busy and they have options for outside seating, bar seating or tables! Great Service!  So by now you're thinking... What does any given Tuesday( the blog title) have to do with anything? Well, here it goes. Since I am home this week and cooking, I am standing in my beautiful all white farmhouse kitchen admiring this beautiful new cutting board and I am thinking that this Tuesday, I am home making dinner from local farmers and grass fed beef.  Next Tuesday, I will be in Los Angeles staying on Rodeo Drive at Th...