Skip to main content


I guess the one thing I get asked more than anything is. "How were you able to leave a nursing career making 70 k a year and consistently make over 150 k a year and enjoy traveling and fine dining on someone else's money?"

I am going to tell you exactly how I did it! I knew what I wanted and took little steps everyday! 

1. Mindset!  The first step is conquering your MIND!  Deciding what you want and being open to the way it unfolds but knowing that it will unfold!  I knew when I was walking the halls of the hospital that there was more for me.  Being a bedside nurse is wonderful and fulfilling and I have made life long friends because of my time working in hospitals.  However, I knew that it wasn't something that I would do forever.  I always wanted to fly and travel and work as an executive! ALWAYS! From the time I was in high school, I wanted more out of life than an eight to faint job! Personal development is the key to getting what you want.  Read good books, watch motivational speeches like Ted Talks. Invest a few minutes a day in learning the power of the mind and positive thinking.

2. Clear Goals! I have always written my goals out, read them often and updated them accordingly. This is serious business to me!  It's something I do on a monthly basis. My goals do change a lot and that's okay. As we grow and live our life we decide we want different things. There is nothing wrong with that. Start doing that!  Start with what a day in your life looks like 5 years from now!  Write down every single detail. Imagine. Dream.  What your car looks like, your home, who you share it with, what your body looks like. what a day out of your life looks like. Dream Big.... Then scale it back to 1 year and 6 months and 3 months and then next week.

3. Journals!  This isn't hard. Wake up early. Just a few minutes and visualize your day. Plan it out in your mind with prayer or meditation. The let the fingers do the talking. Keep a paper journal or an online journal. Even though I do blog, I keep a private journal online for myself. It's amazing to read what I was writing 5 years ago compared to what I write today. The other reason to do it.... Your real desires and dreams pour out of you once you have centered yourself and begin to write.... Do it every week if not every day.... Just 20-30 minutes after your prayer or meditation time! 

4. Courage!  I have always been pretty courageous. I think it's easier to be bold than it is to stay stuck in a job, marriage or location that you aren't your happiest in.  I have heard many times that most people aren't are bold and fearless as me and that's just not true! If you have clear goals and utter disgust due to your current situation you would be surprised at the courage you would have too!  That's what makes the first three steps so very important! 

 5. ACTION! Even if the steps are small. Take just one small step a day towards your goals, dreams or desires... Let's say you want to start your own photography business but you work full time. You could everyday... Take a few pics and post. You could research online how to get started. You could start following blogs of successful photographers. You could watch you tube videos on building your own website.  EVERY SINGLE DAY TAKE ACTION! 

6. Celebrate and Repeat!  Every little success you have! Celebrate it. Maybe you are proud because you have been writing in your journal every day. Maybe you actually bought a domain name. Maybe you finally skipped a day without sugar. Whatever it is.. GET excited that you are doing what it takes to make your dreams come true and Celebrate yourself! 

I have really only started my journey at 52. I want to do more comedy, act , sing, travel the world. write, grow friendships around the world, inspire others to make their dreams a reality.  I hope I can inspire you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well It's 2 days after my 50th and I guess it's sinking in... I AM 50!!!!  I decided today that the word for my 50th year would be gratitude.  I do my best thinking when I write so I decided to get up this morning and write. I should write more because when I read it back I am in awe of what I said and how I said it. It moves me. Yes, my own words move me. When I read back what I write... I am pretty darn shocked as what came out of me. I think everyone should try it. My life's word is BELIEVE. I love that word, I think it's a key to everything in life. My belief in myself and my gifts have gotten me this far... How far is that you ask? Well, from a poor small town girl in rural South Ga to a business professional who has had opportunities that most only ever dream of. So back to Gratitude. I think Gratitude and living as, Tony Robbins calls it, in a state of beauty based on Gratitude and appreciation will take me the distance for the next 40 years. What is the dist

Christmas in New York City

For years now I have been going to New York City a few weeks before Christmas to enjoy an early Christmas. It's become a tradition I enjoy very much. I invite friends that have never been or haven't been to NYC during Christmas. Each year, I plan several new things to do with no pressure on myself or my traveling partners. It's a relaxing time even in the hustle and bustle of the Big APPLE. This year was no exception. I got to connect with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time as well as spend time with one of my best friends who lives in another state.  There were a couple of highlights of the trip one was the Louis Vuitton exhibit downtown. I started collecting LV over the past few years and I thought it would be cool to attend the exhibit and learn about the history of Louis Vuitton. It was a free exhibit and did not disappoint! My good friend Allyson who fell in love with LV at this exhibit!  The LV gowns worn by stars were quite amazing.   For those