Skip to main content

On Any Given Tuesday

I am home this week... No travel until Sunday. We went to the Sunday Market on St. Pete Beach which is a great place for us to go on Sunday mornings for Brunch.  I bought lots of veggies and fruits for the week so I planned to cook! Everything looked amazing!



We ate brunch at Chill which was fantastic. I had the Shrimp and Grits... To be honest. Very good but not the best I have ever had.  They do have a brunch buffet that starts at 10 am. It's busy and they have options for outside seating, bar seating or tables! Great Service! 


So by now you're thinking... What does any given Tuesday( the blog title) have to do with anything? Well, here it goes. Since I am home this week and cooking, I am standing in my beautiful all white farmhouse kitchen admiring this beautiful new cutting board and I am thinking that this Tuesday, I am home making dinner from local farmers and grass fed beef.  Next Tuesday, I will be in Los Angeles staying on Rodeo Drive at The Beverly Wilshire and there might be some shopping involved :) The following Tuesday I will be in an all day meeting in Detroit talking about the importance of improving outcomes in maternal health.  So on any given Tuesday.... Who knows what's going to happen. One thing is for certain.... ain't no Tuesday boring for me! 


Yes this last minute meal.... Roasted Okra, Steamed Brussel Sprouts and Bloody Mary Mix Meatloaf (Yes, I pulled that out of my HAT! when I realized there was no ketchup) I just poured the Zing Zang right in, It's the best meatloaf I have ever had!  Perfectly spicy but didn't overpower the beef!  Here's to Tuesday's :) 

Until next time from Sunny California 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well It's 2 days after my 50th and I guess it's sinking in... I AM 50!!!!  I decided today that the word for my 50th year would be gratitude.  I do my best thinking when I write so I decided to get up this morning and write. I should write more because when I read it back I am in awe of what I said and how I said it. It moves me. Yes, my own words move me. When I read back what I write... I am pretty darn shocked as what came out of me. I think everyone should try it. My life's word is BELIEVE. I love that word, I think it's a key to everything in life. My belief in myself and my gifts have gotten me this far... How far is that you ask? Well, from a poor small town girl in rural South Ga to a business professional who has had opportunities that most only ever dream of. So back to Gratitude. I think Gratitude and living as, Tony Robbins calls it, in a state of beauty based on Gratitude and appreciation will take me the distance for the next 40 years. What is the dist
I guess the one thing I get asked more than anything is. "How were you able to leave a nursing career making 70 k a year and consistently make over 150 k a year and enjoy traveling and fine dining on someone else's money?" I am going to tell you exactly how I did it! I knew what I wanted and took little steps everyday!  1. Mindset!   The first step is conquering your MIND!  Deciding what you want and being open to the way it unfolds but knowing that it will unfold!  I knew when I was walking the halls of the hospital that there was more for me.  Being a bedside nurse is wonderful and fulfilling and I have made life long friends because of my time working in hospitals.  However, I knew that it wasn't something that I would do forever.  I always wanted to fly and travel and work as an executive! ALWAYS! From the time I was in high school, I wanted more out of life than an eight to faint job! Personal development is the key to getting what you want.  Read good

Christmas in New York City

For years now I have been going to New York City a few weeks before Christmas to enjoy an early Christmas. It's become a tradition I enjoy very much. I invite friends that have never been or haven't been to NYC during Christmas. Each year, I plan several new things to do with no pressure on myself or my traveling partners. It's a relaxing time even in the hustle and bustle of the Big APPLE. This year was no exception. I got to connect with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time as well as spend time with one of my best friends who lives in another state.  There were a couple of highlights of the trip one was the Louis Vuitton exhibit downtown. I started collecting LV over the past few years and I thought it would be cool to attend the exhibit and learn about the history of Louis Vuitton. It was a free exhibit and did not disappoint! My good friend Allyson who fell in love with LV at this exhibit!  The LV gowns worn by stars were quite amazing.   For those